Looking for the best vegan chips on the market? Look no further! I have the complete list of all the top vegan chips you will want to try out today!
Sometimes you are expected to bring an appetizer especially when you are invited to a friends’ home for dinner. However, what if you have too much on your plate and do not have spare time to fix any tasty dishes? What types of appetizers will you bring and share with your friends?
Appetizers are a must for any get-together and they should be quick and easy to prepare and hold everyone over until the main course.
To be honest, I believe that CHIPS can be delicious and even healthy appetizers. After all, who does not love chips? There are a gazillion kinds of chips on the market and how can you know that you pick the most healthiest ones?
A lot of chips are yummy and hard to resist because they are usually fried, covered in salt, and contain high amounts of saturated fats.
As a matter of fact, consuming saturated fat causes obesity and cancer, raises cholesterol levels in the blood, increases risk for heart problems and Alzheimer’s disease.
When I shop for healthy chips, I always ensure that the saturated fat and salt content do not exceed 5 percent of the recommended daily value because a lot of manufacturers increase sodium content just to add to the flavor you lose when you cut down on fat.
In addition, I also find chips that are unsalted, baked, have very few ingredients, contain only recognizable, pronounceable ingredients, have no artificial flavors, colors, sugars, or sweeteners.
Now let’s go grab some organic, healthy salsa, hummus, or guacamole and dig in!
The Chips I Eat: Trader Joe’s Unsalted Organic White Corn Tortilla Chips
Stone ground white corn with a trace of lime, organic vegetable oils (sunflower, canola, safflower oil).
I always eat them with Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa or Trader Joe’s Hummus – Eggplant Dip.
Trader Joe’s Organic Tomatillo & Roasted Yellow Chili Salsa
Organic tomato puree (water, organic tomato paste), organic tomatillo, organic roasted yellow chili, organic onions, sea salt, organic dehydrated onion, organic cilantro, organic garlic powder, citric acid.
Trader Joe’s Hummus – Eggplant Dip
Chickpeas, eggplant, sesame tahini, lemon juice, garlic, water, sea salt, pomegranate juice
Best Vegan Chips Brands:
Here are the healthiest chips available right now which are absolutely scrumptious—and whoopwellness -approved:
#1: Hippeas Organic Chickpea Puffs
- 3g Fiber, 4g Protein, Organic, Gluten Free, Kosher, Vegan, Non GMO
- 4 Flavors Total of 12 Packs: Vegan White Cheddar, Far Out Fajita, Sriracha Sunshine, Pepper Power
- Perfect as Snacks and for On-the-go events
- These puffs will fill you up and give you a little protein boost
- Great flavors, thoughtful and smart ingredients
- The chickpea puffs have the shape of Cheese Curls and are dense and crunchy
Vegan white cheddar: organic chickpea flour, organic rice flour, organic sunflower oil, organic tapioca starch , organic seasoning [degermed corn flour, salt, sugar, onion powder, citric acid, garlic powder, lactic acid, canola oil, natural flavor], organic pea hull fiber.
#2: Vegan Rob's Gluten Free Kettle Potato Chips, Spinach & Matcha
- Packed with antioxidants
- Crisp and crunchy, with no trans fat
- Contains 24 – 2 Ounce Bags
- Plant-based natural ingredients. Delicious and nutritious
- Healthy, wholesome, and 100% gluten-free
- 2g of protein and 1g of fiber (per 1 ounce serving)
- Vegan, non-GMO verified, and kosher certified
Potatoes, sunflower oil, spinach & matcha seasoning (cane sugar, maltodextrin, matcha green leaf tea, dehydrated spinach, natural flavors), sea salt.
#3: Beanfields Bean Chips, High Protein and Fiber, Gluten Free, Vegan Snack, Black Bean
- 5.5 Ounce bag
- Nutritious Superfood
- Plant-based Nutrition: Packed with 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber
- Bursting with Real flavor
- Beanfields Bean Chips are always vegan, certified gluten-free, kosher, Non-GMO Project Verified
Black beans, brown rice, safflower or sunflower oil, sea salt.
#4: Simply7 Gluten Free Lentil Chips, Sea Salt
- Certified Gluten-Free
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Vegetarian, Vegan
- Clean & Simple Ingredients
- No Added Preservatives or Trans Fats
- No Artificial Colors or Flavors
- Peanut & Tree Nut Free
- Contains 24 – 0.8 ounce bags of lentil chips
- Made from real lentil flour–a natural source of protein and iron
- 40% less fat than potato chips
Lentil flour, potato starch, sunflower and/or safflower oil, salt, sugar, rice flour, onion powder, garlic powder, jalapeno powder, green bell pepper, yeast extract, citric acid, canola oil, spice, natural flavor, dry vinegar, paprika extract.
#5: Food Should Taste Good, Tortilla Chips
- Made with flax, sunflower and sesame seeds
- Certified gluten-free, vegan, kosher, non-GMO (Not made with genetically modified ingredients)
- No artificial flavors or preservatives
- Good source of fiber, cholesterol free, low in sodium, and 18 grams whole grains per serving
- Delicious alone or with your favorite hummus or dips
- Perfect chips for wholesome snacking
- A wonderful crunch with flavors
- A unique texture
Stone ground corn, high oleic sunflower oil and/or safflower oil, brown rice flour, flax seeds, evaporated cane juice, oat fiber, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, quinoa, soy flour, sea salt.
#6: 365 Everyday Value, Garlic & Herb Pita Chips
- 9 Ounce bag
- Formulated to meet all of Whole Foods Market’s stringent quality standards
- Goes well with Red Pepper Hummus and Sriracha Hummus and so much more
- The garlic & herb chips have a great flavor
Pita bread (unbleached wheat flour, vital wheat gluten, cane sugar, yeast, salt, barley malt flour), expeller pressed sunflower seed oil (mixed tocopherols [vitamin e] and rosemary extract [added to maintain freshness]), contains less than 2% of: garlic, salt, onion, parsley.
#7: Popchips Potato Chips
- Crunchy and flavorful
- Never fried, not baked
- Gluten free
- Zero trans or saturated fats
- Non-GMO certified
- No artificial flavors
- No cholesterol
Potato ingredients (potato flakes, potato starch), sunflower, safflower, and/or canola oil, rice flour, salt.
#8: NatureBox Salt & Vinegar Veggie Chips - The Perfect Vegan Treat
- 5 bags
- High-quality ingredients
- Craveworthy flavors
- No artificial colors, flavors, or sweeteners
- No sugar added
- Vegan and made without gluten
- Hand harvested, artisanally cut, and crisped to perfection in small batches
Plantains, cassava, tannia, purple sweet potatoes, palm olein, salt, natural vinegar flavor.
#9: Plant Snacks Beet with VEGAN Goat Cheese Mix Cassava Root Chips
- Wonderful flavor
- The chips are thin, crispy, and the sesame is a nice, subtle touch
- Ideal for those who can not tolerate corn or wheat
- Vegan, Certified Gluten Free
- No Added Sugar, Non-GMO Project Verified
- Free of the Big-8 Allergens,
- Grain & Corn Free
- Trans Fat Free
- No Preservatives, No Artificial Flavors or Colors
- Kosher certified
- Dairy Free
Cassava root flour, sunflower oil, vegan goat cheese seasoning (tapioca maltodextrin, sea salt, nutritional yeast, natural and organic flavors, lactic acid, garlic powder, onion powder, spices), beet, rosemary extract.
#10: Plant Snacks Sea Salt Mix Cassava Root Chips
- Vegan, Certified Gluten Free
- No Added Sugar, non-GMO Project Verified
- Free of the Big-8 Allergens
- Grain & Corn Free & Trans Fat Free
- No Preservatives, No Artificial Flavors or Colors
- Kosher certified & Dairy Free
- Excellent flavor and crunch
Cassava root flour, sunflower oil, sesame seeds, sea salt, rosemary extract.
#11: Earth Balance Gluten Free Vegan Aged White Cheddar Puffs
- 0g Trans fat
- The puffs are nice, bite size pieces that work for snacking
- Taste really good
- You will eat the entire bag in one sitting
Cornmeal, navy beans, expeller pressed sunflower oil, maltodextrin, salt, onion powder, sugar, garlic powder, lactic acid, citric acid, yeast extract, natural flavor.
#12: TERRA Original Chips with Sea Salt
- Non-GMO Project verified
- Grain free
- Blend of yuca, sweet potato, parsnip, taro and batata chips
- One 6.8 oz. bag of Original Chips with Sea Salt
- 0mg of cholesterol and 0g of trans fat
- No artificial flavors or artificial preservatives
- Crispy yet without traditional oil frying
- Incredibly low calories compared to regular potato chips
- Deliciously crunchy
- A unique texture and flavor that is highly palatable for a healthy snack
A blend of exotic potatoes (sweet potatoes, yukon gold potatoes, blue potatoes), expeller pressed canola oil and/or safflower oil, and/or sunflower oil, sea salt, beet juice concentrate (color).
#13: Artisan Tropic Cassava Strips
- More nutrients than Potato Chip
- Vegan, non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Preservative-Free
- No artificial flavors
- Are perfect for dipping in any dip or salsa
- Made with Sustainable Palm Oil, which is non-hydrogenated
- Have a high oxidative stability and
- Contain high levels of natural antioxidants, such as carotenoids
- Very crunchy
- No added sugar
- Amazing taste
- Cassava is also known as Yuca
Cassava root flour, sunflower oil, sesame seeds, sea salt, rosemary extract
#14: Siete Sea Salt Tortilla Chips
- Grain & Gluten Free
- Great for dips, nachos, or straight out of the bag
- Non GMO, Soy Free, Dairy Free
- Incredibly Tasty
- Siete Grain Free Tortilla Chips will last 5 months on your shelf
- Smooth and crispy and light and refreshing
- Thin chips
- Made with avocado oil
Cassava flour, avocado oil, coconut oil, ground chia seeds, sea salt.
#15: Enjoy Life Lentil Chips
- Non-GMO, Vegan
- Free from gluten and wheat,
- Free from peanuts, dairy, tree nuts, soy, casein, sulfites, egg, lupin, sesame
- Free from fish, mustard, crustaceans, shellfish.
- High-protein lentils, finely milled into flour
- Topped with a specially developed dairy-free flavor for a chip with serious crunch
- Made with all-natural ingredients
- Unbelievable flavor
- Tasty, crunchy, satisfying and relatively healthy
- A light, non-greasy texture
Lentil powder, potato starch, safflower oil, maltodextrin, salt, rice powder, onion powder, natural flavors, dehydrated parsley, garlic powder, spices, yeast extract, lactic acid, sunflower oil, turmeric.
#16: Beanitos Black Bean Chips With Sea Salt
- Every Beanitos snack has up to 4 grams of protein and 4 grams of fiber per serving
- Enjoy straight out of the bag with or without dip
- Certified Gluten-Free, certified non-GMO
- Certified kosher, certified low glycemic and
- Free of corn, MSG, cholesterol, trans-fat, artificial flavors and preservatives
- Rich flavor
- Taste incredible
- The perfect snack for you and your family – anytime, anywhere
Cooked black beans, sunflower oil, long grain rice flour, sea salt.
#17: The Daily Crave Veggie Chips
- Vegan, non-GMO
- No artificial ingredients, colors or flavors
- No dairy or hydrogenated fats
- Perfect for dipping
- 100% All Natural
- Very crispy
- The chips are not greasy or too salty
- Very colorful to please the eye (yellow, green, orange) like real vegetable colors
Potato flour, expeller pressed safflower oil, rice flour, tomato powder, spinach powder, salt, beet powder.
#18: Raw Food Central Curt’s Classic Kale Chips
- Certified organic
- Non-GMO, Gluten-Free, Vegan, kosher
- Effervesce combines Authenticity with Elegance and Prestige
- All healthy ingredients with incredible health benefits
- Never baked or fried
- Light and crispy
- Delicious flavor
Kale cashews, sunflower seeds, raisins, onion, apple cider vinegar, nutritional yeast, garlic, seal salt.
#19: Planetarians Healthy Snacks Baked Chips
- Non-GMO, gluten-free,100% vegan
- Tasty, healthy, nutritious, low fat
- All natural
- Allergen FREE
- No soy, no trans fat
- No cholesterol
- No artificial colors and flavors
Sunflower meal, organic whole grain brown rice flour, sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, celery, garlic powder, natural hickory smoke flavor, maltodextrin, citric acid, non-gmo tapioca starch, sunflower oil, extractives of paprika, seal salt, rosemary extract.
#20: Snackergy Vegan Pea Protein Snack Chips
- High Protein – 15 grams of Pea Protein
- Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, Soy-Free, Kosher
- Only 120 Calories per Serving
- Only 4 Grams of Fat per Serving
- Made it USA
Pea protein isolate, potato flakes, sunflower oil, guar gum, sugar, sea salt, onion powder, garlic powder, rice flour, tomato powder. Paprika, lime juice, spices, citric acid, chipotle pepper powder, natural extractives of paprika, jalapeno pepper powder, lime oil.
Which vegan chips on this list is your favorite? Is there a brand which you recommend and think I’m missing? Let me know on the comment section below. And don’t forget to share this article in your favorite social media platform!